Monday, January 5, 2009

I Wish Starbucks Delivered...

I am in massive need of some espresso!
It has been a very busy year for me so far, and though I am not complaining, I am very happy that there is a Starbucks down the road to fuel me along, paid for by my Christmas gift cards. On the down side, I have developed one mean caffeine addiction! If the espresso has not entered my body by a certain point in the day my head starts to pound and nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, can ease that pain. But the way I see it, why not enjoy my espresso. What else do I do??? I don't eat meat, or fast food, or potatoes to speak of, or cheese (except goat and the occasional treat, a treat that kills my stomach)...I don't drink coke or any other soft drink, I stay away from most sugar and starches, I restrict my calories, I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, I don't watch tv really, the list goes on and on... but damn it, I am gonna drink my espresso! I got a Bialetti Cappuccino maker for Christmas and when I figure out how to use the thing I will be in business! It seems simple enough. Measure the water and put it in...check. Put "espresso ground" coffee in, but do not pack it down...check. Put specified amount of milk (soy milk) in...check. Make sure it is all screwed together tightly but not too tight and put it on a cold heating element and heat to medium...check. I watched the included dvd, I read the book, I was prepared to throw out the first three pots as instructed (though I found this insanely wasteful). I did all this and yuck! But that's okay, they said the first ones would not be good. I tried again... coffee dribbled out of the reservoir down the sides and onto the cook top where it burned and stuck... Okay, still okay. I try again...following every step to a T each time, always thinking that this time I will make the perfect cappuccino! Well... So several tries and two coffee explosions later (This part was scary as heck! Hot coffee, soymilk and froth erupted like a volcano! I had to flee!), I have yet to make the perfect cappuccino or even a drinkable one... I have not given up! This little contraption will not break me!!! (I'm still singing my New Years song..."I've got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine"!) But for today, I'm going to Starbucks. Think I will add an extra shot.


Pictured above is my New Years Day treat from Starbucks. I ordered a Venti Soy Cappuccino, they made a Venti Soy Latte (which I like but not enough for the extra calories), so they offered to give me both... What was a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment